Working with Large Text Files
View and Edit large files
Open the 4.14 GB sql file
- ThinkPad T14s
- Power mode: Best performance
- Processor: 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-10210U Processor (1.60 GHz, up to 4.20 GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 6 MB Cache)
- Memory: 16GB
- Hard Drive: 512 GB PCIe SSD
- vim: opened about 13 seconds. saved about 20 seconds.
- sublime: opened 3 min 30 seconds. saved about 13 seconds.
- less: opened instantly. can’t edit.
- Intellij IDEA: opened about 3 seconds. can’t edit. and tip “The file is too large. Read-only mode.”
- emacs: opened about 15 seconds. saving crashed.
- Nodepad++: Can’t open. Error: file is too big opend by Notepad++.
- VS code: Can’t open. open crashed
Best overall: vim.
Best for view: less or Intellij IDEA.
Export data from or Import data to remote MySQL server
Export 4.14 GB data from remote MySQL server
Cost time: 3 hours.
best exporting data at night.